Friday, January 30, 2009

We Travel Well

Have tons to blog about. We've had a number of food and travel adventures and misadventures since Q4 last year. I've accumulated lots of photos but never got around to posting them. Will do that really soon! But before that...

------------
Lifted this from Diane's blog:

1. What part of the world and country do you live in?

On weekdays, I sleep to the symphony of beeping cars and grinding cement trucks in Mandaluyong City. On weekends, I wake up to the concerto of chirping birds in Cavite. Both are in the Philippines.

2. What is the furthest from home that you have been, and where is it?

Hmmm...got to brush up on my geography. Asia mainly. I think Phuket, Thailand.

3. What travel destination have you enjoyed the most?

Wow, this is tough. Each destination has its own appeal. Locally, it would be Batanes. Outside of the Philippines, that would be Siem Reap, Cambodia.

4. What travel destination have you enjoyed the least?

Penang, Malaysia - only because I never had the chance to really explore the place.

5. Is there somewhere you’d like to visit but have not, and where is it?

I'd really like to go on an African Safari. Someday.

6. Do you prefer traveling to see historic places or to hit the beach and relax?

I'm generally a nature lover so I prefer the beach over historic places. However, beautiful historical sites like the Angkor region in Cambodia also appeal to me.

7. What popular vacation destination have you never considered because you think you’d not like it?

Hongkong is quite popular to Filipinos because of its proximity and accessibility. However, theme parks and shopping are not exactly my cup of tea so I've never ventured to Hongkong. But I might just try it one of these days.

8. Where do you travel to most recently?

Siem Reap, Cambodia and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

9. Do you like day trip “mini-vacations”?

Not as much as week-long vacations. I enjoy taking my time to discover and experience the places I visit. A day trip just doesn't cut it.

No comments: