Tuesday, April 28, 2009

(April 28, 2009, 7:00am) I have officially given up!


Booking flights through PAL's website, that is! The seat sale is supposed to be good for two days and I've been trying to book since yesterday! I lost sleep over this! I booked during office hours, late at night, very early in the morning. All futile attempts!

I hate to say this but booking Cebu Pacific flights is way easier! The thing is, I still prefer to fly PAL. It's a lot more comfortable. But I've experienced booking PAL online, by phone, and through the ticketing office. Each time had been a grueling experience. The most convenient way to book PAL is through a travel agent. Not fair! Sigh.

This trip would have been a treat for my entire family. My parents, brother and Sister-in-Law could really use a few days break.

Anyway, I prayed about it and I know that if it's God's will for us to take this trip in September, we'll get the best deal. It's still several months away and a lot of things can happen. With the swine flu crisis in South America, we might actually be better off not traveling. Oh well, I'm trying to console myself here.

Update:
Ok, I didn't entirely give up. After lunch, I tried again, just for kicks. Then I got through until the credit card details. Now I panicked! You see, I listened to the news about Swine Flu on the way to work and I got scared. So, I seriously thought we shouldn't go anywhere until the flu is contained. So with the pressure of rushing through the billing page (otherwise the page will expire), I had to think if I should go ahead with the booking. I did. And I really feel good about it! Yahoo!

3 comments:

bjay said...

ay nako sis, can I just tell you I tried booking my SIL and her family MLA-YVR from 1030pm till 130AM last night?!

error
error
error

yan lang ang nagyayari. it's really easier to book online via cebu pac. hmph!

myls said...

aw... talaga??? didn't have a problem booking with PAL before (online). siguro now its because of the new format, baka may system flaws pa. :( hay, magkakaroon din yan uli promise, pero malamang cebpac. :) sayang ano, may "meals" pa rin sa PAL. hay, good luck!

Ems said...

Heard a lot of frustrations with PAL's promo! You're lucky you got through! Thanks for the goodies but they're still with Bjay!