Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Summer 2007 Plans

I can't believe it's summer. Our life as a couple is marked by summers. We got married on a warm summer afternoon six years ago. This April 18, we will be celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary. I can't believe it's been six years. Time indeed flies when you are having fun!

As with every summer, Ariel and I will embark on another adventure to discover a new destination. This time, we will go to the beach! Last year, we discovered the serene beauty of Batanes. We stayed seven days and explored the major islands - Batan, Sabtang and Itbayat. This year, we will explore two beautiful islands in Cebu - Bantayan Island and Malapascua Island.

Bantayan Island is 4-5 hours away from Mactan International Airport, 3-4 hours by car and another hour by boat. We're staying 3 nights at Marlin's Beach Resort. Check it out at
www.marlin-bantayan.com. Then, we will take a 2-3 hour boat ride to Malapascua where we will be staying another three nights at the Malapascua Exotic Island Dive and Beach Resort. Check it out at www.malapascua.net. Then it's another 4-5 hour trip back to Mactan. We're staying overnight at Cebu City because my hubby wants to buy a Cebu-made guitar (he already has three, two of them top of the line - but when you are a scrapper hoarding lots of scrapping materials, you can't complain when your hubby wants a new guitar).

I can't stop myself from checking out the websites over and over again. I'm so excited!!! For this trip, I promise to keep a travel diary so I can record the names of the places we will visit and the food we will get to try. Watch out for my account of our anniversary trip!





No comments: